If you’re kids are like mine, they reluctantly pulled themselves back to reality as they headed back to school after Spring Break. Now they only have several weeks left and yet another school year will be behind them. How will they wrap up the year? As the weather changes and our kids find it harder to sit tight and ride out the remainder of the year, we have to do all we can to help them finish well. A few suggestions…
- Ask–if they have assignments on the deck, tests coming up or projects that may be due.
- Encourage–them to do their best and hang in there since the finish line is just up ahead.
- Assist–them with what they may need to complete their tasks and stay on track.
- Engage–them in conversation about how they are doing and help them stay motivated.
- Allow–some break time so that they are refreshed and can focus on the tasks at hand.
- Enjoy–the rest of the school year–summer will be here soon enough.
- REMEMBER–what is was like to be their age and to hear the warm weather and outdoors calling your name.
Helping our kids finish well and keep their priorities straight will benefit them as they close out the school year and as they prepare for the real world just up ahead. With you in the homestretch!