As the school year moves along, our kids inevitably hit a few bumps along the way. They will encounter academic challenges that will cause them to lose momentum and the cadence of the new year will shift as the scramble to find the best way forward.
Often we don’t know about these things until we’re well into the first marking period and progress reports start coming home. We can have a heads up on the issues our kids may be facing and do our best to jump on it sooner rather than later.
5 Success Strategies for Tackling Academic Challenges include:
- Identify the problem – Is the problem strictly academic in nature? Has it just surfaced or is it been a recurring one?
- Help them decide on an action plan – What learning styles and motivation have to do with true learning.
- Be their compass – Goal setting and guidance and how we as parents can help our kids get there.
- Come up for air – More than just school and grades, how are we helping our kids discover other strengths that they can transfer to their overall education?
- Reward their efforts – Finding ways to motivate our kids so that they bring the best of themselves and value excellence over perfection.
If you missed our Back to School/Forward to Success Teleseminar Series- Part 2–Tackling Academic Challenges, you can:
- download the 5 Success Strategies for Tackling Academic Challenges Worksheet by visiting our website and signing up for your T.H.I.N.K. and Grow Smart Toolkit.
Wishing you and your family all the best for a successful school year!
Donna and Pat