Here is part two of Terry Mazzer’s mind mapping strategies for taking notes and staying organized. I trust you will get as much out of it as I have. Since I always use mind maps for organizing thoughts and ideas, I find Terry’s insights to be very helpful especially as he talks about the use of color–which I just love! We’d enjoy getting your feedback and want to learn how you are using mind maps in school and business.
How would you like it if your children became more creative, studied faster and more effectively, remembered better, saved time and saw the ‘whole picture’? Well, you can have this happen, can’t you? After you have read this article, you will know how a Mind Map can achieve this. A Mind Map will accelerate your kid’s learning and gets them to use their whole brain. It works in accord with your brain by using color, images, symbols, curved lines, words, space, associations and connections to have your thought processes flow.
How to Make & Take Effective Notes With the Ultimate, Organizational Thinking Tool – A Mind Map – P2
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Terry_Mazzer]Terry Mazzer
When your children use Mind Maps, they become more creative, study faster and more effectively, remember better, save time and see the ‘whole picture’. Surely you would agree that these reasons are absolutely huge benefits for them.
A Mind Map will accelerate your kid’s learning and gets them to use their whole brain. It works in accord with your brain by using color, images, symbols, curved lines, words, space, associations and connections to have your thought processes flow.
Originated in 1970 by Tony Buzan, Mind Maps are now used by millions of people around the world – from the very young to the very old, in business, for personal reasons…hey, for any reason at all.
OK, so what do you need to get started with a Mind Map?
Blank unlined paper
Colored pens and pencils
Rules to follow, and lastly…
A subject you want to make and take effective notes on.
Here Are Some Mind-Mapping Rules To Follow:
1) Create a unique and memorable central figure (with no box round it ); use at least 3 colors; if you feel that you are not an artist,
then photocopy or cut and paste
2) Use a piece of blank A3 paper – turn it landscape ways so you have more room for branching out.
3) Start the order of your important facts close to the central figure; less important details towards the edges. Begin at the 2 o’clock position.
4) Use key words – which tend to be nouns; printed (upper and lower case); one per line.
5) Lines – length of each line = the length of key word or image; connect each line to end of previous line; radiate from centre; decrease in size; centre = thick like branches of a tree; have 7 ± 2 main branches; make the branches wavy/ curved and taper off; use only one color for each branch
6) Make use of color, arrows, codes, senses, symbols, 3D images, humor, jokes, cartoons, different pens ( fat, thin, glitter, scented, highlighters)
7) Review -Date your mind map and add these review codes: 10, D,W,M,3M at the bottom right hand corner (10 = 10 minutes, D= day, W= week, M= month, 3M = 3 months) Cross out after you have done each review.
OK, It’s Time for Some Action. Here’s What I invite you to do NOW:
Search for Tony Buzan and discover how magical Mind mapping is.
Begin by brainstorming a topic and then grouping the sections into categories.( This was shown in a previous article.)
Using Buzan’s mind map examples, get started creating your own mind map and follow the rules mentioned above.
Model a mind mapping activity to your children and have them actively involved.
Have FUN learning and remembering.
Here’s What I Want You To Do Now- Claim your instant FREE access to a MP3 recording of one of my teleseminars by going to http://www.SecretsToRaisingSmartRichKids.com – you’ll get practical tips and valuable information about this critical topic and you can ask me your most burning question about ‘Raising a Smart Rich Kid’.
AND….You will also get access to my FREE ‘Raising Smart Rich Kids Mentor’ Tele-seminars
P.S. By the way, do you know someone else who would benefit from this article? Please send them the link to it……and you can, can you not?
From Terry Mazzer – The Raising Smart Rich Kids’ Mentor – “Work SMARTER, not harder”